Monday 1 July 2013

Polka dot & chevron potholder!


Click here for the Italian version.

Hi there! Summer is coming to town and I'm totally overwhelmed by its sunny energy!
I've celebrated the first day of Summer this weekend with my special friends Sara and Costanza. We've spent a very relaxing night eating pizza and walking around in the historical center of Rome. I really love walking in Summer nights, the air feels fresh and everything is pleasant.
Today I want to share with you an easy DIY project that I've made this Sunday.
The "motto" this time will be Re-design your potholder!



For this project you'll need:


- Some acrylic colors (I've choosen silver and mint)
- A cork potholder (I've bought it at IKEA's)
- A little sponge or a brush


I've decided to make my two potholders with a different pattern.
The first one with silver polka dot and the second one with a silver and mint chevron.
For the polka dot pattern I've used the inner hole of a little scotch tape as a circular stencil and I've made the chevron stencil with paper tape.
I suggest to paint the potholder twice, because cork absorbs a lot of paint!


I hope you will be satisfied with the result! Enjoy your project. Good luck!

Michela

No comments:

Post a Comment